I said that I would give examples of Muslims who are against terrorism and against the terrorist ideology. There are many, I thought I would start with the one that might surprise you the most. Arabs and Muslims for Israel. Yes you heard me right, Arabs and Muslims for Israel.
You will find their website below, first lets look at their statement of who they are.
We are Arabs and Moslems who believe:
- We can support Israel and still support the Palestinian people. Supporting one does not cancel support for the other.
- We can support the State of Israel and the Jewish religion and still treasure our Arab and Islamic culture.
- There are many Jews and Israelis who freely express compassion and support for the Palestinians. We Arabs also express reciprocal compassion and support.
- The existence of the State of Israel is a fact that we accept.
- Israel is a legitimate state that is not a threat but an asset in the Middle East.
- Every major World religion has a center of gravity. Islam has Mecca, and Judaism certainly deserves its presence in Israel and Jerusalem.
- Diversity is a virtue not only in the USA, but would be beneficial around the world. We support a diverse Middle East with protection for human rights, respect and equality under the law to all minorities, including Jews and Christians.
- Palestinians have several options but are deprived from exercising them because of their leadership, the Arab League and surrounding Arab and Moslem countries who have other goals besides seeing Palestinians live in harmony with Israel.
- If Palestinians want democracy they can start practicing it now.
- It will benefit Arabs to end the boycott of Israel.
- We can resolve our conflicts using non-violent means. Sending our young people on suicide/homicide missions as a form of Jihad is a distortion of Islam. We can do better.
- We are appalled by the horrific act of terror against the USA on 9/11/2001.
- It will be better for Arabs when the Arab media ends the incitement and misinformation that result in Arab street rage and violence. We support the Arab media providing coverage of ways that people of all religions are and can live together in harmony.
- We are eager to see major reformation in how Islam is taught and channeled to bring out the best in Moslems and contribute to the uplifting of the human spirit and advancement of civilization.
- We believe in freedom to choose or change one’s Religion.
- We cherish and acknowledge the beauty and contributions of the Middle East culture, but recognize that the Arab/Moslem world is in desperate need of constructive self-criticism and reform.
- We seek dialogue with Israel. We invite you to join us on a path of love.
They are not anti-Islam, anti-Arab, confrontational or hateful. They remember with sadness and respect the brave Arabs, known and unknown, who were killed or severely punished for promoting peace with Israel; “a special thanks to President Anwar Sadat of Egypt who was killed at the hands of Militant and Radical Islamists after he signed the peace treaty with Israel”.
How great is that? They list several verses in the Quran which talks about Israel. Including this one, and the comment that follows:
[17:104] And we said to the Children of Israel afterwards, “ scatter and live all over the world…and when the end of the world is near we will gather you again into the Promised Land”.
(Comment : This last verse proves that the Quran is declaring that it is the will of G-d himself to gather the children of Israel again in their promised land before the end days. Accordingly, No Muslim has the right to interfere with gathering the Jews in Israel again as this is the will of G-d himself. In addition, Honest analysis of the Quranic verses above leads to the conclusion that the West Bank and Gaza are better called the “occupied” Israeli land.
I would encourage you to check out their website. You will find emails from other Arabs and Muslims supporting Israel. You can also read numerous articles, including one on Osama Bin Lyin’s war on Islam.
I will be submitting more websites and names of Muslims against terrorism. I wanted to start out with the most powerful one. I don’t know how wide spread this website is, or how many Muslims believe this way, that isn’t the point. The point is, the current series of articles on bigotry. To show that not all Muslims think the same. They are not all terrorists or believe the terrorist ideology.
I think that the majority of Muslims are no different than you or I. They want to live in peace and security. They want to be able to support their family. They want their kids to do well in school. Instead of going to Church, they go to the Mosque…so what. They have just as much of a right to worship as we do. And if they don’t, they should. We should all be free to choose who, what, where, or how we worship. Or not worship, if that is our desire. I know that isn’t the case around the world. All I am saying is it should be.
I’ve made the point before, I think God is watching. And I think that the terrorists who are killing in His name, are in for a rude awakening. Those virgins might just be some nuns with shotguns. You have to have a sense of humor.