I had said that I was going to do Gog and Magog in Islam next, mainly because I did the Gog and Magog in Christianity. In doing my research I found that the Gog and Magog in Islam is basically the battle of Armageddon, which comes at the end. Before I get to that, there are many other things to cover. We have already gone over the minor signs in Islam, lets go over some of the bigger aspects.
I will delve into some of these in greater detail such as the Dajjal or the Muslim anti-Christ, and Imam Mahdi in future posts. Also remember if you see ((and)) those are my comments on the matter.
The occurrences before the Major Signs:
ANOMALOUS INCIDENTS WILL OCCUR
Occurrence of red winds, disfiguration of faces (man to pig), and people being swallow into the ground. ((I haven’t found this one on most of the sites I have visited, but decided to put it up anyway. I will ask our Muslim readers to tell if this is a widely held belief.))
A man from Abu Sufyaan’s progeny massacres descendants of Nabi (S.A.W) and rules over Syria and Egypt.
Sakhr ibn Harb, more commonly known as Abu Sufyan, was a leading man of the Quraysh of Mecca was a staunch opponent of Muhammad who later converted to Islam. I will write more on this on my next post since he is mentioned as part of the end times.
A major war between Muslims and Christians: Half the Christian army will sign a peace treaty with the Muslim army, while the second half of the Christian army remains the common enemy. ((this is interesting especially when you consider the above comment))
ISTANBUL CONQUERED BY CHRISTIANS
The enemy half of the Christian army conquers Constantinople (Istanbul), Turkey.
ISTANBUL RECONQUERED JOINTLY BY MUSLIM AND CHRISTIANS
The Muslims and the good half of the Christian army conquer Constantinople together, against the enemy Christians. Thereafter, a Christian will say the victory was due to the cross, and the Muslim will say it was due to Islam. A battle between both sides will ensue, and the Muslim Ruler will be martyred.
SYRIA CONQUERED BY CHRISTIANS
The two Christian armies reunite, conquering Syria.
Christians dominate the world up to Khaiber (near Madinah), and they will pursue Muslims with 80 flags, with 12,000 men under each flag.
MUSLIMS AWAIT IMAM MAHDI
A total eclipse of the sun and moon will occur in Ramadan, prior to Imam Mahdi’s emergence. ((as you will see in some posts to come, we always hear something from Ahmadnutjob, in regards to something happening during Ramadan, this is why))
IMAM MAHDI EMERGES
At age 40, Imam Mahdi appears in Makkah, then flees to Madinah.
The Major Signs (i.e. events after the emergence of Imam Mahdi)
MUSLIM ARMY MARCHES
The army of Mansoor from Khurasaan will head towards Makkah to aid Imam Mahdi. They will win many battles on the way. No force will be able to stop them. They will carry black flags.
SUFYAANI ARMY SWALLOWED BY THE EARTH.
The Sufyaani army (an Anti-Muslim force) from Syria singles out Imam Mahdi for execution. On the way to Makkah, they get swallowed into the ground. A second Sufyaani army is created with 960,000 men (of 80 nations).
CONFRONTATION IN SYRIA
Imam Mahdi and the Muslim army go to Syria to confront the Christians. The Christians, before the battle, will ask Muslims for the return of their prisoners-of-war. The Muslims will refuse. The battle will begin. One-third of Imam Mahdi’s army will flee (their repentance will not be accepted), one-third will be martyred, and one-third will gain victory over the Christians.
MUSLIM ARMY UNDER IMAM MAHDI CONQUERS PALESTINE
JIHAAD ON INDIA
A jamaat of Muslims wages Jihaad on India and be successful.
SYRIA UNDER MUSLIM RULE
Imam Mahdi returns to Syria and establishes Muslim rule over the lands he passes.
ANIMOSITY RIFE AMONGST THE PEOPLE
At this time, Muslims will be weak and there will be very few pious people.
3 RUMORS OF EMERGENCE OF DAJJAL (“Anti-Christ”)… 3 YEARS OFDROUGHT
Before the emergence of Dajjal there will be three years of drought. The first year, the skies will retain 1/3 of its water, the second year 2/3, and all of its water the third year.
Dajjal appears. His followers, the Yahudis, will number 70,000 and will wear expensive silk attire and carry double edged swords. ((I stopped this here, there is more that follows, which we will get to, once we finish up to this point))
Here is another list of things that some in Islam has to be fulfilled before the day of judgment. I am putting up what they show as already ‘past’ and ‘present’, but am leaving out the future for now. When I am near the end of the series I will re-post the list in its entirety.
1. Splitting of the Moon. ((Considered fulfilled with the splitting of moon rocks after the Apollo missions))
2. Death of the Prophet Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace.
3. A form of death which will kill thousands of Muslims. (Understood to refer to the plague of Amwas during the caliphate of € ’±Umar ibn al-Khattab.)
4. A major fighting in Madinah (understood to refer to the battle of al-Harrah during the caliphate of Yazid, 63 AH).
5. The Muslim conquest of Jerusalem.
6. The Muslim conquest of Constantinople.
7. Two large groups of Muslims will fight in war. ((this sounds more like Sunni and Shiite to me, but I guess they know their history better than I do, plus there was a war between Iraq and Iran which could be considered as fulfillment, I will ask my Muslim readers to comment on this one))
8. A war between the Muslims and a reddish people with small eyes, wearing sandals made of hair (understood to refer to the Mongol Tatar invasion of the Islamic lands.)((we will cover more on this topic))
9. A peace agreement between the Muslims and non-Muslims from the yellow race (Chinese, Mongols, etc.)
10. Thirty impostors (dajjal) will appear, each thinking he is a prophet. ((we will get into this one later))
11. Naked, destitute, barefoot shepherds will compete in building tall buildings. ((again any Muslims that can point me in the right direction on this one, will be appreciated))
12. The slave-woman will give birth to her master or mistress. ((?)) ((does this mean slavery will be, or is back in style??))
13. A trial (fitnah) which will enter every Arab household. ((?))
14. Knowledge will be taken away (by the death of people of knowledge), and ignorance will prevail. ((?))
15. Wine (intoxicants, alcohol) will be drunk in great quantities.
16. Illegal s3x will become widespread.
17. Earthquakes will increase.
18. Time will pass more quickly. ((only if your old lol, as you age the time flies faster every year))
19. Tribulations (fitan) will prevail.
20. Bloodshed will increase.
21. A man will pass by the grave of another and wish he was in the latter€ ’²s place.
22. Trustworthiness will be lost, i.e. when authority is given to those who do not deserve it.
23. People will gather for prayer, but will be unable to find an imam to lead them.
One of the problems I have encountered is not knowing all the ins and outs of the Muslim faith, in addition to the differing views. There are not nearly as many ‘interpretations’ of Muslim religious text as there are in Christianity. I have seen many verses taken at face value as you will see in the upcoming posts. And not all Muslims believe the same way, which we will also cover.
I am trying to write this stuff out in a way that everyone can understand it, in a simple way. But it is difficult when dealing with the Muslim stuff. Besides the fact that there is nothing ‘simple’ about the differing views of the ‘End Time’ prophecies.
The next several posts will be about Islam’s views on the end times. We will discuss Dajjal and The Mahdi and some of the differing views of Muslims. Then we will get back into more of the Christian signs. There is some very interesting stuff up ahead, so stay tuned.